headed here in a few weeks.
so much has happened, and so few tumblr posts have been posted these happenings (sorry internet world!)
- Tucson is (subtly) awesome
- the Sonoran Desert is (completely) awesome
- the Sonoran Desert became even more awesome after the monsoon season started
- my work is awesome
- i’m single & sort of mingling (???)
- i’m staying here until December, whoot
- i love and admire the people that i work with
- i have various scratches, scrapes and bruises and they’re all worth it
- getting up at 5 am WILL SUCK UNTIL THE END OF TIME
- idk what i’m doing in January 2015, lolwhatismyfuture???
- so much love for lady scientists in my work place. lady scientists be running shit all day erryday hurr. like no one bats an eyelash at female scientists accomplishing amazing things here; it is just a natural occurrence.
- men actively respect the women in this workplace and heaven help them if they do not.
- there were even openly queer ladies working here not too long ago AND EVERYONE WAS LIKE WE SUPPORT YOU RAINBOWS UNICORNS NATURE LESBIANS LOVE HAPPINESS YES YOU GO DO THAT NOW WE LOVE YOU (it’s a lgb friendly place, but i had to do some educating about why using the t-word isn’t okay, etc.)
- there are rabbits that live here that are the size of small dogs HOLY BALONEY BATMAN
- i’m NOT THE ONLY MINORITY WINNNNING
- my parents miss me a lot. i hope they visit.
- there are lots of guns and Wal-Marts and fabulous drag queens in Tucson
- Tucson feels like home